Tuesday 9 April 2013

Task 3 - Production of images to convey atmosphere


Today we had to go out to town, and take photographic images in the town finding the best locations for suitable pictures to convey meaning. 

We had to convey the following emotions/representations.

Happiness
Depression
Anger
Sorrow
Love
Mystery l
Confusion



I felt the first Image I had, represented anger rather well, as this is a antagonist character from the star wars universe called darth maul fueled with anger and rage. I then took it into photo shop and gave it a more angry environment and feel to the image.



Most of my images had too much sunlight going into them, but this worked in my favour as I felt this added a very artsy feel to my picture, this picture was of the ferris wheel sign which had a confusing statement on it, but I feel this works better for the user, as it confuses you that its a picture, with almost nothing in it. I then took it into photoshop and added various colours with text, to make it more clear, but still rather confusing. 




This image was meant to represent sorrow, as its of an image of a high street with shops that have been shut down due to the recession and lack of money. I changed the background to a darker gloomier effect with graffiti and a title to give it a depressive impression. 




This image was of happiness, showing here families out for dinner on a sunny day outside the americano cafe. I then added several positive symbols and a phrase to the picture to make it appear more positive.



This image is of acceptance and love, I asked a citizen about how he'd feel about giving my friend a hug, and having his picture done, he willingly and happily accepted, and here's my friend and the citizen in a picture. 

I then tried to try and restructure the picture slightly to represent love for your friends. 

This alleyway I found I felt would be a good representation for mystery, as you don't know what's down it. I didnt know what exactly to do with my mystery image, but I decided to add a black glow to the centre to make it appear more mystical, I then added the text. 




This image below is a representation of sorrow, of al the soldiers lost in the first world war. 


Another image about sorrow, I saw a lone magpie, and I felt it might make a good image for the saying " one for sorrow, two for joy "






No comments:

Post a Comment